Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bomami Outreach

We started the day off at Crossroads Church where the team was able to help out with the service. (see pic) After church we were off to Bomani to hang out and play with the kids- it was an amazing day to see all the kids that came out from the village just to see what we are doing here. Guy was able to do several baptisms and share the hope of Jesus with them. God is doing great work in the church over here. We also had a few volleyball games with the staff of Bomani that went over really well- our FRCC team was able to pull out a big W in the end :) after 4 years of not winning we got one.(with only getting one man hurt on our team. Just a good cut). Then the hard part came of saying goodbye to our friends; for some of us that will be our last time seeing them. Part of the team will go back on Tuesday to work on a service project.

I wanted to share this song with you - there is a lot that you have to process through on a trip like this I know we have people that are dealing with emotions and what to do next. I want to ask that you start praying for them now that God will help them to see even now how He is going to impact them because of their serving in Africa. We are impacted in such amazing ways we will never forget!

How could I forget Your face
When all it took was just one day
For me to see it wasn't ordinary
I could never be the same

You took my hand and led the way
I didn't even know Your name
But something happened deep inside me
And I knew life would have to change

So how could I go back to life as usual
And how could I return to who I once was
I just want to take your story to the world
'Cause you have shown me what it means to love

Meredith Andrews - What It Means To Love

1 comment:

  1. It is such a Wonderful Blessing to see and read how you all are being the Hands and Feet of Jesus there in Kenya. Thank you for keeping this Blog up daily. I will continue to pray for all of you for strength and endurance to continue with the work that needs to be done before you leave and especially for those struggling that they will sense the sweetness of fulfilling God's purpose and plan for their lives right now.

    ReplyDelete